Children’s Development Support Services is a Community Based Organization (CBO) founded in 2017, registered at Adjumani District local government. CDSS is fully governed by experienced and committed board members guided with a well-structured and a hybrid organizational structure that incorporates elements of functional and project management to effectively and efficiently implement its programme strategy.
CDSS was initiated by a group of young indigenous professionals who have volunteered to contribute generously to address the needs of orphans and vulnerable children. CDSS relies on local initiative, partnership and collaboration with Adjumani District local government and development partners including the private sectors for sustainable development.
Children’s Development Support services (CDSS), Implement education, WASH and Sustainable Livelihoods strengthening programs in remote and hard to reach areas of Adjumani District.
The values of CDSS are at the core of all that we, as an organization, do. Our commitment to applying the values to the way we work makes us unique amongst other, similar, aid and developments.
1) Accountability: We care about others and allow that care and concern to motivate our actions. We have empathy with people who are suffering. We value individual and community relationships and show our understanding of people’s struggles in the way we treat them with kindness and love.
2) Integrity: We respect each other and our different beliefs. We respect the communities we work with. We value the resources given to us and use them in a cost-effective and transparent manner. We strive for mutual learning with our partners.
3) Stewardship: The resources at our disposal are not our own. They are a sacred trust from God through donors on behalf of the poor. We are faithful to the purpose for which those resources are given and manage them in a manner that brings maximum benefit to the poor.
4) Diversity: We embrace change and proactively prepare for the unexpected in the pursuit of greater efficiency. We promote imaginative solutions and leverage partnerships to accomplish our mission; our versatility and optimism allow us to work and thrive in an ever-changing environment.
5) Collaboration: What we can achieve in partnership is far greater than what we could ever hope to achieve apart.
We believe working together-sharing resources, knowledge and experience; we can have greater impact together in the short term and work to build stronger communities and institutions for the future.
Each and every one of our employees represent the spirit of our company, driven, committed, and accurately aware of how limitless CDSS -Uganda potential is to grow. We go to great lengths to identify self-starters with diverse experience and skills sets to produce not just an effective work force, but a well –rounded, talented and complementary team.